LAxemann and Jokoho482
DynaSound 2.0 is a sound modification for ArmA3 and all of it's DLCs. It mainly focuses on weapon- and explosion sounds, however all helicopters as well as the Xi'an VTOL were redone, too.
• All weapon sounds were redone, mainly using high-quality recordings.
• Shooting from inside a building reduces the distance one can be heard.
• A differenciated and thoughtfully mixed soundscape. Due to a higher dynamic range and less compression, you can and have to turn your volume up in order to bring out the details and punch!
• Custom bullet supersonic cracks as well as subsonic "swooshs".
• All helicopters as well as the Xi'an VTOL were redone .
• Distant-sounds for helicopters.
• Flyby sounds for helictopers as well as the Xi'an VTOL.
• Rocket flyby sounds. "swiush!"
• Incoming rocket sounds for the MLRS. Usually is the last thing you hear.
• New explosion sounds
• When firing a rocket, the engine sound actually originates from the rocket and is moving away from you. Try the MLRS!
To install the DynaSound 2 you should use modfolders to keep it seperate from the official game content to prevent issues.
With Arma 3 you can use different ways to set up your modfolders to use custom content you have downloaded.
Please visit the Arma 3 Mod install instructions page for more information about using custom mods and addons in Arma 3.
Armaholic.com has its own Youtube channel where we will cover the Community made releases.
Subscribe to the Armaholic.com Youtube channel
• The m134 gatling gun might sound weird when not in first person - A recent issue and I'm trying to fix it.
• Some volume balancing might have to be done here and there as I went on a tweaking rampage shortly before release and I might have overseen something. :)
• Most explosions are still the DynaSound 1 ones and will be redone over the time.
• It's not DynaSound 3 yet
Credits & Thanks:
• Bohemia Interactive for this piece of software that stole my soul.
• Jokoho482 for rewriting and improving pretty much every script I've ever done while teaching me tons of stuff. So much love!
• Megagoth because love.
• Everybody who kept motivating me over the last two and a half years! :)
• Everybody who enjoys what we do. :)
If you enjoy our content, feel free to leave us a cup of coffee via a PayPal donation. Would make our day!
It's my paypal donation account, but every donation will be shared with Jokoho.
Switched to in-engine based distance scripts and more
New bullet cracks
•Added: Merlin/Mohawk sounds
•Added: Lynx/Hellcat sounds
•Added: New Negev/Zafir sounds
•Fixed: UBC Issues
•Fixed: Missing indoor sounds for the titan launcher
•Changed: GVars are now created in the pre- and not postInit
• Changed: DS_m_SonicCracks now is DS_m_Bullets (remove DS_m_SonicCracks!)
• Changed: Adaption of the CBA Macro and XEH system
• Changed: More scripts now run unscheduled
• Changed: New Katiba sounds
• Added: MAR-10
• Added: Cyrus
• Added: MK14
• Added: EMR
• Added: New explosion sounds for ground vehicles
• Added: New subsonic bullet flyby sounds
• Fixed: Flyby script now takes player speed into consideration
• Fixed: Flyby script won't show an error if the aircraft has no flyby sound defined
• Tweaked: Inroom sounds should be more audible
• Tweaked: Some inconsistencies in the volume of silenced weapons
• Added: Custom sounds for all helicopters
• Added: Helicopter Flyby sound system
• Added: Distance sounds for all helicopters
• Added: Environmental sound feedback from explosions
• Added: New supersonic crack sounds for different surroundings
• Fixed: Some vehicle weapons were barely audible in first person
• Tweaked: "Small impact"-soundset (30mm cannon, AA, etc)
- first release
- BI forums
- Community Base addons A3