Allows easy creation of randomly patrolling units, with improved AI behaviour.
Copy the file ups.sqf into your respective mission folder. The mission folder is either at:
\My Documents\ArmA2 Other Profiles\[profile name]\missionsTo use the demo mission(s), copy them into the mission folder, and open one in the editor.
Setting up a scenario with this script requires only three basic steps:
Some of the features and advanced customization options that are available:
- The start position of the units can be a random position anywhere in the active area - in that case some units may even end up on roofs.
- You can create a random number of "clones" of a unit/group you placed in the active area.
- Patrolling units can be stopped or started at any time, and patrolling areas can be moved during the game.
- If AI units get stuck (mostly due to bad pathfinding) they will try to free themselves after a while.
- Units will make occasional stops of random lengths during their patrols.
- Independent AI groups will share their knowledge about any enemies that have been spotted.
- By default units patrol in "safe" mode at "limited" speed.
- The marker that designates the active area can be hidden or displayed.
- On some maps enemies weren't recognized properly.
- Improved group cohesion when following enemies.
- Markers weren't visible when spawning clone groups.
- Improved roof positioning when using "RANDOM" or "RANDOMUP".