Community Base Addons
What does the name Community Base Addons mean? It is a system that:
- Offers a range of features for addon-makers and mission designers.This release is, like the v0.7.3 release, intended for users of all three variations of ArmA 2.
- Aims to have community wide acceptance and to be used as much as possible by community addons to maintain compatibility.
- The community is very much encouraged to request or submit functionality
- The most obvious example would be to submit functions to be included in the CBA function library.
- Extended Eventhandlers (XEH)
- Function and Macro Libraries
- Key Management
- Custom Events System
- Author and Credits system (Displayed during Main Menu and Pause Menu)
- Nil Check
- Help System
- Versioning System
- UI System
As we always recommend use modfolders to seperate the custom content from the official game content to prevent problems. For different ways to set up your modfolders and use them please visit our FAQ
When you are using the Steam version you can find a Steam mod installation and activation FAQ here
Since 1.0.1 there is only one modfolder you should use. No matter if you run Arma 2 Standalone, Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead or Arma 2: Combined Operations (Arma 2 + Arma 2: OA), you always install the @CBA_CO folder!
Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead Beta patch 100697 (or higher!) is required and with the beta game content in Expansion/beta loaded by way of:
@CBA_CO => Main mod folder
@CBA_CO/store/function_library.tar => Tar archive of the the function/macro reference.
@CBA_CO/store/keys => BIkeys for dedicated servers signature protection
@CBA_CO/store/optional => Optional (diagnostic logging/performance) additions. Not recommended for production use
Online wiki at http://dev-heaven.net/projects/cca/wiki
Online function library reference at http://dev-heaven.net/docs/cba/
Credits & Thanks:
CBA Team, with contributions of:
- Dr EyeBall
Special thanks to:
- Mikero - for his excellent PBO tools and support
- The community - for testing, feedback, mass adoption
- ACE team - for contributions, mass adoption and testing opportunity
- Dev-Heaven - for project hosting, issue tracker. https://dev-heaven.net
- SIX Updater - for hosting and distributing development versions. http://play.withsix.com
- Bohemia Interactive - for creating the ultimate simulation
- Armaholic forums
- BI forums
- Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead Beta patch 100697