GDT Mod Helicopter Weapons
This Addon changes the use of the helicopter weapons for the AH1Z, Ka52, Mi24 and AH-64D.
- Pilot can use the gunner weapon optics when gunner is AI or nonexistent.
- Auto lock on on vehicles for guided missiles deaktivated. There are two fire modes for guided missiles:
1. Manual guidance.
2. Laser guidance with Laser-Seeker for lock on on Laser Designator targets. Activation via action menue.
[keyOptics] - Switch to gunner weapon optics. Switch back to pilot view.
[shift keyOptics] - Align gun.
This Addon is client side only.
- keyOptics is the key you have selected to use the weapon optic. The right and middle mouse button is also working.
- AutoHover should be on while using the optic as pilot. Does not apply to the Mi24P which has a fixed weapon.
- If the mouse is used as helicopter controll the helicopter is incalculable rotating while aiming (worst at max zoom).
If the helicopter is blocking your view you can use HeliLeft/Right or HeliRudderLeft/Right on the keyboard to turn
the helicopter back (without effect on the aiming).
- Align gun works only in pilot view and without a gunner. For this a gunner will be created which gets 5 seconds to align the cannon.
- As client on a server: To use the optic on a helicopter without a gunner you need to get in as gunner first.
- If you lock a Laser Designator target with Laser-Seeker OFF the missile can not decide between manual guidance and laser target.
- AI does not use the guided missiles anymore.
- All guided missiles have the same ballistics.
- All weapon optics have the same zoom.
- Turret azimuth for elevation and turn changed for smooth aiming.
Extract the .pbo file(s) to your ArmA2\Addons folder or as we always recommend use modfolders.
If you do not know how to make and use mod folders have a look in our FAQ
- Missile timeToLive increased.
- Update for ArmA 1.05: AH-64D integrated.
- Right and middle mouse button added.
- Fixed: Malfunction for players with blank character in the name.
- Fixed: Missile was going out of control when launched while aiming steeply.
- Community Base addons