The ShackTac Fireteam HUD was designed to do the following:
- Provide situational awareness on where your fireteam members are and what their orientation is. This is intended to represent both peripheral vision, as well as the extended awareness one has in reality. You only see your fireteam members relative to you - no terrain, no other players/units.
- Give you an always-visible way of seeing who your team members are
The STHUD is configured to work on any island.
How it works:
The current incarnation works as follows. As long as you are in a group, and not inside of a vehicle, you will see the Fireteam HUD displaying at the bottom-center of your screen. There are three circles - the first one indicates a range of 15m, next is 30m, last is 45m. We've tried a few different scaling sizes, and have settled on this one for the present time.
The current group leader will display as a white icon. If you are not the group leader, you will display as a yellow icon. Other team members will show as green icons. Medics/Corpsmen and leaders will show with special icons.
Note that the appearance of someone's marker, or their name, does not necessarily mean that they are alive - it works off of the same logic used in normal ArmA group handling, so if you have a dead team member, you will need to "know" about them (ie, right-click while looking at their body) to have them removed from the list. When you die, the HUD will automatically close.
Note that this has been designed to work with a "Very Small" GUI size, so for best results, try it like that. The STHUD currently supports a max of twelve names displayed.
As we always recommend use modfolders to seperate the custom content from the official game content to prevent problems.
For different ways to set up your modfolders and use them please visit our FAQ
When you are using the Steam version you can find a Steam mod installation and activation FAQ here
Included .pbo files:
How to adjust for other islands:
A detailed guide can be found here
The current incarnation works off of preconfigured scaling settings for different islands in ArmA2. If an island is not already configured, it will default and warn you - at which point the HUD may not look ideal.
Credits & thanks:
The ShackTac Fireteam HUD was conceptualized and prototyped by Dslyecxi, then vastly improved and made into a slick and polished addon package by zx64. Many thanks to zx64 for putting this into a format that could not only be used by all of ShackTac, but shared with the rest of the ArmA community as well.
Thanks also to ShackTac, of course! Also to the WGL team, ACE1 team, and ACE2 team for building upon the great foundation that BIS has laid down for us with their games and helping to take it to the next level. Thanks to the community itself for the motivation they have instilled through their feedback on a variety of past ArmA-related works. Thanks, too, to both Yoma and Sickboy for creating tools that have redefined the way groups like mine maintain and distribute our addon sets. And, of course, thanks to Bohemia Interactive for providing a truly one-of-a-kind series of games that has been keeping our interest for almost nine years and counting.
- Thanks to help from Nou's CCIP mod and the concepts demonstrated within, the latest STHUD no longer relies on island-specific config files. It should now support all islands.
- Adds 29 Palms, Aliabad, Spiritz, Tropica, reshmaan, possibly some others.
- added Celle 2, Ovaron, and Bearrocks support.
- Added configs for: Moschnyi, Cicada, Hazar-Kot Valley.
- Markers for units inside vehicles use the vehicle's direction.
- Potential fix for missions that use assignTeam in unit inits.
- HUD compass requires having ItemCompass in your inventory.
- Marker distance ignores height differences.
- Partial A2 compatibility (no support for team colours).
- Fixed a bug where restarting the HUD would recreate an internal local object.
- introduces a cardinal direction compass integrated into the HUD
Latest version includes an optional addon called fthud_usermenu.
- significant performance improvements - the HUD draws much, much faster and just looks sexier all around
- fixed an issue with assigned teams having the wrong fade-out method.
- Now supports group color-coding
- Added support for a few more islands
- Updated to add the Tora Bora and Sangin Province settings.
- added a few more island
- Added Shapur, Proving Grounds, Plr Mana, I44 Omaha, Lingor, MBG Nam, and Unsung's Lowlands
- Potential workaround for "Error: No unit" issue
- Added AR and AT group icons. AT icon will revert to normal icon once AT has been expended
- Added Razorniya, GNT_Sands, Afghanistan, Desert_E, Zargabad, Takistan
- HUD is now based on view position (ie, TrackIR/freelook support). Thanks to zGuba for contributions regarding this.
- add Celle, Kellu, and Aiaktalik support
- Updated 12-name version, see readme for other changes
- Initial release
- BI forums
- Community Base addons