ShackTac Fireteam HUD (STHUD) and Group Indicators (STGI)
ShackTac Group Indicators:
- ShackTac Fireteam HUD (STHUD):The ShackTac Fireteam HUD was designed to do the following:
How it Works:
- Provide situational awareness on where your fireteam members are and what their orientation is. This is intended to represent both peripheral vision, as well as the extended awareness one has in reality. You only see your fireteam members relative to you – no terrain, no other players/units.
- Give you an always-visible way of seeing who your team members are
As long as you are in a group, and not inside of a vehicle, you will see the Fireteam HUD displaying at the bottom-center of your screen. There are three circles – the first one indicates a range of 15m, next is 30m, last is 50m.
The current group leader will display as a white icon. If you are not the group leader, you will display as a yellow icon. Other team members will show as green icons. Medics/Corpsmen and leaders will show with special icons.
Note that the appearance of someone’s marker, or their name, does not necessarily mean that they are alive – it works off of the same logic used in normal Arma group handling, so if you have a dead team member, you will need to “know” about them (ie, right-click while looking at their body) to have them removed from the list. When you die, the HUD will automatically close.
Note that this has been designed to work with a “Small” or “Very Small” GUI size, so for best results, try it like that. The STHUD currently supports a max of twelve names displayed. Longer names will be truncated to prevent multi-line usage.
Color-coding group members are supported - to use, simply use the in-game team assignment feature – the changes will be made to the HUD after a few moments.
Note also that the current STHUD has a default compass overlaid into it. You can disable this through the fthud_usermenu feature. This compass is tied to your in-game compass item, so if you do not have one, it will not show.
The fthud_usermenu.pbo gives you the ability to interact with the HUD in a few ways in-mission. Current functionality is as follows. The menu is brought up by pressing alt-shift-H in-game.
Allows you to restart the HUD. This is useful if you change into/out of window mode and the HUD distorts/disappears, but shouldn’t need to be used otherwise.
Allows you to change to radar-only, names, names + radar, or turn the HUD off entirely.
Allows you to toggle the compass on/off
The ShackTac Group Indicators mod – or STGI – is the second part of the ShackTac User Interface (STUI), acting as a complement to the ShackTac Fireteam HUD (STHUD).
A video illustration and talkover of how STGI works can be viewed here
. Note that this is a pretty subtle visual mod, and Youtube’s compression doesn’t do it the best justice.
STGI is designed to take the existing vanilla group icon concept and flesh it out into something more usable – instead of being a perfect representation of team members at any distance, we’ve made it a much more interesting package that helps to preserve functionality while increasing depth.
The features of STGI are as follows:
- Group member coloring. As with STHUD, group colors will be reflected in the color of the group indicator. This helps to allow for easier buddy-team usage and less of a need to look at STHUD to determine that information.stgi_a3_colors
- Transparency. STGI icons are less visible than the default ones and will fade to half of their normal brightness when night falls. This makes them viable for identification, but not distracting or intrusive.stgi_a3_dark
- Distance fade. STGI icons will begin to fade out starting at 30m, becoming completely invisible at 60m range. This makes them useful for close-range coordination and identification, emphasizing team cohesion while making for more interesting identify friend/foe situations when people fall behind or get split up.
- Removal of the “stay in formation” indicator. This is a little caret that was intended to let you know where the AI expected you to be in a given formation – as it’s not relevant for player usage, it’s been removed.
As we always recommend use modfolders to seperate the custom content from the official game content to prevent problems.
For different ways to set up your modfolders and use them please visit our FAQ
When you are using the Steam version you can find a Steam mod installation and activation FAQ here
Included .pbo files:
How to adjust for other islands:
A detailed guide can be found here
The current incarnation works off of preconfigured scaling settings for different islands in ArmA2. If an island is not already configured, it will default and warn you - at which point the HUD may not look ideal.
Credits & thanks:
The ShackTac Fireteam HUD was conceptualized and prototyped by Dslyecxi, then vastly improved and made into a slick and polished addon package by zx64. Many thanks to zx64 for putting this into a format that could not only be used by all of ShackTac, but shared with the rest of the Arma community as well.
Thanks also to ShackTac, of course! Also to the WGL team, ACE1 team, and ACE2 team for building upon the great foundation that BIS has laid down for us with their games and helping to take it to the next level. Thanks to the community itself for the motivation they have instilled through their feedback on a variety of past Arma-related works. Thanks, too, to both Yoma and Sickboy for creating tools that have redefined the way groups like mine maintain and distribute our addon sets. And, of course, thanks to Bohemia Interactive for providing a truly one-of-a-kind series of games that has been keeping our interest for almost nine years and counting.
Usage of STHUD or STGI requires agreement with the following terms. The mods (STHUD/STGI) may NOT be modified, included in other mods in whole or part, used for military training or any commercial purposes whatsoever, without prior permission from the authors (zx64 and dslyecxi). Redistribution of the addon via 6updater/PwS etc is permitted only if it is unmodified and free of charge. Modifications are forbidden without prior permission from the authors.
- Thanks to help from Nou's CCIP mod and the concepts demonstrated within, the latest STHUD no longer relies on island-specific config files. It should now support all islands.
- Adds 29 Palms, Aliabad, Spiritz, Tropica, reshmaan, possibly some others.
- added Celle 2, Ovaron, and Bearrocks support.
- Added configs for: Moschnyi, Cicada, Hazar-Kot Valley.
- Markers for units inside vehicles use the vehicle's direction.
- Potential fix for missions that use assignTeam in unit inits.
- HUD compass requires having ItemCompass in your inventory.
- Marker distance ignores height differences.
- Partial A2 compatibility (no support for team colours).
- Fixed a bug where restarting the HUD would recreate an internal local object.
- introduces a cardinal direction compass integrated into the HUD
Latest version includes an optional addon called fthud_usermenu.
- significant performance improvements - the HUD draws much, much faster and just looks sexier all around
- fixed an issue with assigned teams having the wrong fade-out method.
- Now supports group color-coding
- Added support for a few more islands
- Updated to add the Tora Bora and Sangin Province settings.
- added a few more island
- Added Shapur, Proving Grounds, Plr Mana, I44 Omaha, Lingor, MBG Nam, and Unsung's Lowlands
- Potential workaround for "Error: No unit" issue
- Added AR and AT group icons. AT icon will revert to normal icon once AT has been expended
- Added Razorniya, GNT_Sands, Afghanistan, Desert_E, Zargabad, Takistan
- HUD is now based on view position (ie, TrackIR/freelook support). Thanks to zGuba for contributions regarding this.
- add Celle, Kellu, and Aiaktalik support
- Updated 12-name version, see readme for other changes
- Initial release
- BI forums
- Community Base addons
Size : 1 MB Downloaded : 35587 times Report archive: